16 October 2010

hmmm...

Sometimes I don't understand people.  I work with the public, I see them all the time, I talk with them, I answer their questions.  Granted, it's a specific type of interaction, but it's still being with them for an hour or longer.  You can learn a lot about someone in a short amount of time.  But even then, all that interaction with people doesn't help me understand them sometimes.

I suppose that's why it's understandable for me when I get misunderstood.  I know that it's difficult to put yourself in someone else's shoes.  I know that even when you think you know a person, or know a little bit about them, that doesn't mean you'll understand where they're coming from. 

I get that there are misunderstandings.  But sometimes the reasons still make me scratch my head.

0 comments: