16 January 2011

Unnoticed

I realized today that December 27 passed by completely unnoticed.  Well, okay, I lived that day, I'm sure I worked that day, but that's the point.  It was just another typical day.  There was no significance attached to it in my mind.

Good thing?

Probably.  Moving on is nice. 

December 27, 2005 is the day my divorce became final.  The first year was tough.  The second year, I tried to celebrate.  It got easier.  And now, five years later, it's practically unnoticed. 

I can't believe it's been five years.  It feels like a lifetime ago!  It feels like remembering someone different, someone else, someone that wasn't me.

But to be honest, I don't often think about that part of my life anymore.  I find myself wondering about my ex, and it's been a few years now that I have honestly wished him happiness in his life.  I hope his life is everything he wants it to be.  He wasn't, and hopefully isn't, a bad man.  He deserves to have happiness.  I wonder what he would say if he knew about my situation now.  It's a humorous curiosity.  But I don't often spend energy on remembering those days.

I have too much to look forward to, so I'm going to keep my head high and keep moving forward instead of looking back. 

Cheers to regular days.

0 comments: