11 July 2012

Day 25: Brothers

I am the oldest of three girls.  I didn't grow up with brothers in the house.  Besides my dad, the only boys were the dogs we had.

Now that my sisters are married, I have two brothers.  I don't see them much.  They are good men.  I think they are good husbands and fathers.  I think they treat my sisters very well.

But in truth, I don't call them my brothers.  They are my sister's husbands.

I do have brothers though.  Or at least, I consider them my brothers.  They are my girlfriend's oldest and youngest brother, and they too are good men.  I love spending time with them.  We laugh, we enjoy each other's company, we talk about serious stuff, and then we laugh some more.  It isn't awkward and none of us have to be on guard.  It's easy and it's fun.

I like being friends with my sisters now that we're adults.  I also like having brothers.  It was worth the wait.

0 comments: