27 August 2010

Riptide

Ever feel like this?

I, I won't justify
The way I live my life
'Cause I'm the one livin' it
Feelin' it, tastin' it
And you're just wasting your time
Trying to throw me a line
When you're the one drowning
I like where I'm at on my back
Floating down in my own riptide
The water is fine.

This is the chorus to a Sick Puppies song called Riptide.  I really like it (the whole album is really enjoyable actually, and if you like rock and hard rock, it's definitely one I would recommend--it's called Tri-Polar). 

The message though is one that I've been pondering in some way lately.  There are so many people out there, trying to save the world, trying to save everyone else.  But what if the person they are trying to save doesn't need saving? 

This is a thought that has been tumbling around in my head lately, and I will likely be addressing it here in the near future.  I'd like to stir it around a little more before posting.  Until then, do you have any thoughts?

0 comments: