30 May 2011

UPDATE: Summer Plans

I've been out of school for about a month now and I'm mostly enjoying my summer.  So far I haven't really done anything extraordinary, except for work more, and read the most awesome series of books I have ever had the pleasure of reading.  But that doesn't mean I don't have upcoming plans, and in the interest of proving that I am still human, I thought I'd share them.

First, I am super excited about Pride.  Last year was sweltering, so this year I'm guessing we'll have rain.  Since rain has been the weather of choice lately, I'm sure it's not such an extreme guess.  I had a lot more fun last year than I did the first year I went.  This year we'll be going with some of the same friends, some new ones, and I'm looking forward to it.  If nothing else, it's a Sunday that I don't have to work.  Hopefully I will see some of you there!

I'm planning a trip to visit my sisters.  That will be amazing because I really need a vacation.  I'm burned out at my job and I get sick of the nonsense that comes with working in a restaurant.  IT'S JUST FOOD PEOPLE, CHILL OUT.  But it will be good to catch up with them and their families and to have a dog around again.  I miss having a dog.

We're going to the Motley Crue concert on June 19th, and that will be quite the event, I'm sure.  Motley Crue is one of my girlfriend's favorite bands.  Poison, one of her other favorite bands, will also be there, so it should be an amazing show.  AND it's at Usana, which is one of my favorite venues in Utah.  There's not a bad seat in the house. 

If it ever stops raining, I'm sure we'll be going to baseball games and maybe we'll even go to one where they have fireworks.  I'd like to go to a soccer match this year as well, but we'll have to see if that works out. 

My girlfriend is also going to be taking three weeks off from her day job, so I'm excited that we'll have more time together before I go back to school and that takes up all my time.

I'm also looking forward to the release of Dance With Dragons, the fifth book in the Song of Fire and Ice series by George R.R. Martin.  You may have heard of Game of Thrones, which has now been turned into an HBO series.  These books are absolutely amazing.  You will never find an author who has the great character development that Martin does.  Granted, it's a fantasy series set in something like medieval times, so it can get graphic at times.  But I have really been enjoying these books.  There's supposed to be seven books, so it will be awhile yet before the series is finished.  That's okay, because as much as I hate waiting, I hate more that the good times will have to end.

Hope all your summer plans are treating you well!

0 comments: