10 September 2009

Lucky

I like how hearing someone else's perspective can help you change your own. I was talking with my girl and somehow we got on the subject of regrets. Neither one of us have had a really smooth sailing kind of life. There's been a lot of pain and difficulty. But she said that she tries to not regret things in her life, even when it all goes sour.

"If it wasn't for those things, even the things I didn't think I'd live through, I might not be here in this moment right now, and I wouldn't be the person I am right now."

Can I tell you, I just think she's so amazing? Cuz I think she's so amazing!

And I think she's right too. There are things that I regret. There are things that have absolutely sucked about my life. There are things that I've done that I'm not a big fan of. And without them, I might not be who I am right now or have the people that I have in my life right now.

Life is tricky and difficult to handle sometimes. It comes in different sizes and colors, it has different moods and expressions. There was a time where I would have given anything to be someone else, someone new, and I was thoroughly convinced that I would not live to see 24, so forget about seeing 26. But I'm still here and I'm glad that I'm alive. I'm glad that this life is mine. Good, bad, or ugly, it's mine.

And I finally feel like I'm lucky to have it.

1 comments:

El Genio said...

This is a good way to look at things, I'll have to file this for future use.