21 September 2009

Truth

I found this while I was going through some things in my room the other day. When I was in a program called DBT, we were given a sheet of paper and told that we were to fill it with nothing but the truth about ourselves. No judgments, stating your emotions as emotions, and just 100% factual information. It was a somewhat difficult activity, since I'm all about judging myself. But it was also a really good experience. So I thought it might be fun to post some of it here.
  • I'm the oldest of three girls
  • I don't have a middle name
  • my favorite color is black
  • I have never broken a bone
  • I can write in a straight line on unlined paper
  • I hate writing in pencil
  • I've thought about getting a tattoo but I'm too afraid to actually do it
  • I still have my baby blanket
  • someday I want to have a pilot's license
  • I had my tonsils removed when I was 22
  • I get migraines
  • I'm afraid of spiders
  • I hate being the center of attention
  • music has been a part of my life since before I was born
  • my favorite band is Incubus
  • I would wear a cape every day if I could
  • I hate Christmas
  • my left leg is slightly shorter than my right
  • I had a stalker in high school
  • I love Star Wars almost more than anything
  • I would give up Star Wars for the rest of my life for one ride in a F-16
  • I think darkness is more fundamental than light
  • I never got a 4.0
  • I love new socks
  • I can write with both hands
  • my favorite book is Green Eggs and Ham
  • basketball is my favorite sport
  • one of my earliest memories is of being embarrassed--I was four
  • if I had a million dollars I would give it away
  • sarcasm is my favorite kind of humor
  • I hate crying in front of people
  • I know that capitols for all fifty states
  • I am fiercely loyal to people and things I care about
  • I have a lot of empathy and compassion for other people
  • I was in marching band
  • I have met my two biggest heroes
  • my zodiac sign is Aquarius
  • I like musicals
  • I taught myself how to snowboard
  • driving calms me
  • I've had 57 stitches
  • my favorite weather is rain
  • I live
  • I breathe
  • I want to be accepted as I am
  • I am Amy

So if anyone wants to try it, just look at yourself objectively and be honest with yourself. I know it was a good thing for me.

0 comments: