18 November 2010

Be Who You Are

I was on the Affirmation website last night and I stumbled upon a memorial for someone I went to junior high with.  I knew him.  His name was Marshall Myers.  Two years ago, he killed himself.

I wish I had a loud voice or a blog that was read by millions, so I could shout and tell everyone that
it really is completely okay to just be who you are.

Yes, you might be rejected by some, but
YOU WILL BE EMBRACED
by others.  I mean, you could be rejected for being a BYU fan these days, or liking the Jazz, or being a Democrat. 
But none of that is worth your life
You are worth more than what ignorant people will tell you
You are beautiful.

You are here for a purpose and the world is less without you.  There are so many people who are willing to stand around you and be your support and show you a world you can't even dream of.  It's okay to be happy.  It's okay to live.  It's okay to be who you are.
Please don't give up.

1 comments:

jen said...

I love this! (I just found your blog, and I love the whole thing.)

THIS I would join you in shouting. Over and over and over.

Thanks for writing it!