29 November 2010

What I Am Thankful For

I know that I have so much to be thankful for.  My Thanksgiving this year was different from any Thanksgiving I've had.  It was new and almost weird, but it gave me time to really reflect on what I'm grateful for.

First, I'm so grateful for my wonderful girlfriend.  She is amazing and amazingly good to me.  I hate my job, but I love that it brought us together.  We laugh often, we fight very rarely.  We love each other and I can't imagine my life without her.  More importantly, I don't want to.  I really feel like she's my soulmate and I'm so thankful that she is.

Second, I'm thankful for the presence of God in my life.  I see His influence in so many small but significant ways and it continues to amaze me.

I'm really grateful for my family.  They have made such leaps and strides in the last year.  Last Thanksgiving, it was a massacre, complete with tears and guilt.  In the last year, I have seen how they have really made an effort to understand me and to still show their love for me.  It is a miracle as far as I'm concerned, and I love each and every one of them.

I'm thankful for the opportunity to go to school.  If I had my way, I wouldn't work, I'd just be a student.  I love being on campus, I love learning, I don't always love homework but I do love the opportunity it gives me to learn more and to incorporate knowledge in my life.  I love that school helps me feel like I'm doing something important and going somewhere beyond a restaurant.

I'm glad that I got to spend Thanksgiving with my new family, and I'm grateful for their acceptance of me.  I love my girlfriend's Mom.  She is such an amazing person and I know she has one of the biggest hearts in the world.  I'm glad that my girlfriend's brothers are awesome and I love watching the the four of them with my girl.  They are an awesome family.

I have so much more that I could list, but those are the big ones.  I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving, and going into Christmas, I hope I can continue to remember how blessed I am.

1 comments:

Public Loneliness said...

I was going to post a reply last night but my laptop froze. I was just going to say CONGRATULATIONS!! Milestones like this may not seem like a lot but they represent so much blood, sweat and tears that have been shed towards happiness! Glad you had a great experience and that your family is coming along with you!
hugs,Miguel