06 May 2009

Something You Should Know

I just wanted to clarify a couple of things about me. Please know that I'm not mad or upset when I write this. My feelings are pretty neutral at the moment, and I just want to make sure that this part of me is understood. So when you read it, please don't put negative inflections to these words.

First of all, I'm SO not a label person. I'm all about being who you are and not what you are. I know that being gay, straight, black, brown, white, green, LDS, Catholic, jock, prep, goth, or whatever can certainly have an influence on who you are, because it's a part of who you are, but it's not all of you. I know that I don't want to be labeled, so I am not going to label you.

Second, I don't always know the "right" way to say things. I tend to be a very emotionally intense and sensitive person, so a lot of the time, I'm just trying to figure out exactly what I'm feeling by spitting it out on this blog or paper or Facebook or something like that. I try to think things through before I send them out into the universe. I think about stuff a lot. That can sometimes get me into trouble, because all I've got is my own head. Again though, that's where I'm trying to decipher what's going on for me through writing it down.

And last, my intention with this blog is just to put this piece of me out there. I just want to be me. I just want there to be a chance for the real me to come through.

So far, this has been really great for me, and I hope it will continue to be. These are just things on my mind, and things about me that I thought I'd like to make sure you knew.

0 comments: