06 June 2012

Day 1: Summer Plans

My summer plans actually started Memorial Day weekend with the airshow at Hill Air Force Base.  It rained both days and I still managed  to get sunburned, rain delays and all.  I'm very white.  But summer officially started with Pride weekend, because I'm actually out of school now for the summer (hooray!).

I'm going to dedicate an entire post to Pride, so I won't go into much detail here, but it was a really good experience this year.  We had a tremendously wonderful time.

So where does the summer go from here?  Well, I'm probably going to find a second job.  I'm still at the restaurant in the evenings, but there is doom and gloom on the horizon--we will have a Texas Roadhouse opening later this year.  Needless to say, I'm going to need to find a second source of income for when that happens.  Our company estimates that it takes about a year to recover normal business.  I'm not even surprised that Roadhouse will be opening right when we're supposed to be getting into our busy season.  Diabolical.  But I get it.  They're running a business too.

Work work work.

But there are good things too.  I've got tickets to see the Women's National Soccer team play Canada here at Rio Tinto Stadium at the end of this month.  I'd like to try and get to a Real Salt Lake match as well.  We've got tickets for Wicked at the end of July.  We'll be bartending the Emerald and Ruby Ball again this year for the Imperial Rainbow Court in Ogden (if you're interested in going, please let me know!).  Then my girlfriend's brother is getting married at the end of August.

I think the best part will be the time that I get to spend with my girlfriend.  We are loving having our own space and the apartment has been so good for us.  It seems like every day just gets better and better.  She's going to try and get through the summer with just one job.  She's had up to three since I've known her and I'm excited for her to have a little bit of a break.

Seems like two and a half months out of school is a long time, but I'm sure it will melt by faster than I'd like it to.

Happy Summer!


0 comments: