22 June 2012

Day 17: A Late Response

I was looking at the stats of my blog yesterday and I stumbled upon comments on one of my posts from over a year ago.  I don't usually get a lot of comments, so I thought it was peculiar that this particular post had 10 comments.  Turns out that some of it was a conversation between the people reading my blog, one of whom knows me out in the real world.

I hadn't seen the exchange when it was happening.  But I felt like it deserved a response, so I gave one, even though it was more than a year ago.

The post was "Treat Me Differently" from January of last year.

I think it's interesting to hear how people can perceive things that they really have no inside knowledge about.  And we all do it.  We put a spin on someone else's experience based upon our own experience, when really, no two experiences are the same.  Even when you have two people standing side by side, witnessing the same event, they will interpret it differently.

I really respect Anonymous for taking the time to look back at the experiences that I described, and taking the time to consider it in my frame of context instead of their own.

And I also appreciate Jen and FindingMyWay for speaking up when I was unaware of the exchange.

I'll try to pay more attention in the future to whatever comments are posted here.

0 comments: